How can i open the __init__.py file to edit it?
I have been advised elsewhen on this forum that to correct an issue (with connection to Tor-Browser) I can "fix this by going into the init.py file and changing the lines (98) in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/torbrowser_launcher/: "
HOWEVER, I am 74 years old and not tech-savy. Is there a kind soul who can let me know how I can open the init.py file and edit it?
It’s pretty simple:
- open a terminal
- go the path where the init.py file is stored.
- Use the Nano Editor to open the file:
- Make edits as necessary. Be carefull not to change anything else.
- Store the edited file pressing CTRL+o
- Press CTRL+X to leave Nano
Done. Depending on the rights of the file and where it is stored you need to run Nano with root-permission, so
sudo nano __init__.py.